Coffee coffee coffee

Coffee mmmm coffee! I love it in the morning....coffee flavored ice cream... in cakes...in everything! But most of all I love to drink coffee. As much I have tried to follow other on green tea drinking I can not...especially in the morning! I have to have coffee or else my day hasn't started. I think that this says it all.   
 After working for a short period of time  at Starbucks here in Athens and after years of trying different kinds. I can finally say I have find my coffee. It is definitely cold! Here in Athens, Greece most of the year is sunny and warm. And we have a tradition in drinking "frape". Frape is instant coffee, water shaken with sugar or  milk (according to your preferences). The trick is to shake it very  very well until the coffee makes foam. If you have traveled to Greece you will most probably seen and drink "frape".
 But over the years I have found that 'frape' doesn't agree with me and sometimes upsets my stomach. So in search of other cold coffee beverage I found that cold espresso shots works better for me. Starbucks double shot...heaven!!!! Even though I have found what tastes best for me I always like to try new things.
When I found this recipe  I had to tried it out.
 Thanks to "The Pioneer Woman" I now have a new favorite coffee to drink during the weekend...I love how the coffee holds its strength even when the ice melts!
IKEA Godis

See even the ice has melted the coffee keeps its colour and strong taste.
I drink my coffee black and add only some sweetener or if I am in the mood I add some splash of caramel syrup. I do hope you give this recipe a try! It's very easy to make and the result will totally reward you!
That's enough coffee talk for one day....
Lots of love
Sophia


No comments: